RAS Pre New Exam Syllabus in English, Hindi: Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC), Ajmer has issued New Pattern or Scheme of RAS Pre 2013 and RAS Pre 2015-16 from year 2013 onwards Examination and Syllabus for Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination-2013.
History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
– Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System. Socio-cultural Issues.
– Freedom Movement , Political Awakening and Integration
– Salient features of Architecture – Forts and Monuments
– Arts, Paintings and Handicrafts.
– Important Works of Rajasthani literature. Local Dialects
– Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances.
– Rajsathani Culture, Traditions and Heritage.
– Religious Movements, Saints& Lok devtas of Rajasthan.
– Important Tourist Places.
– Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.
Ancient & Medieval Period:
– Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India
– Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture.
– Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions, Prominent Movements.
– Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present)- significant events, personalities and issues.
– The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country.
– Social and Religious Reform movements in the 19th and 20th century.
– Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
Geography of World and India
– Broad Physical features.
– Environmental and Ecological Issues.
– Wildlife and Bio-diversity.
– International Waterways.
– Major Industrial Regions.
Geography of India:
– Broad physical features and Major physio graphic divisions.
– Agriculture and Agro based Activities.
– Minerals – Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic minerals.
– Major Industries and Industrial development.
– Transportation– major transport corridors.
– Natural Resources.
– Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues.
Geography of Rajasthan
– Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
– Natural Resource of Rajasthan-
– Climate, Natural Vegetation, Forests, Wildlife and Bio-diversity
– Major irrigation projects.
– Mines and Minerals.
– Major Industries and Potential for Industrial Development.
Indian Constitution, Political System &Governance
– Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution :
Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935, Constituent Assembly, Nature of Indian Constitution; Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State, Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions, Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review.
– Indian Political System and Governance :
– Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition Governments, Political Parties, National Integration.
– Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary
– President, Parliament, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilence Commission (CVC), Central Iinformation Commission , Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
– Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj
– Public Policy & Rights
– National Public Policy as a welfare state.
– Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
– Governor, Chief Minister, State Assembly, High Court, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukt, State Election Commission, State Information Commission.
– Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen Charter
Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
Basic Concepts of Economics
– Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development
– Accounting- Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration
– Stock Exchange and Share Market
– Fiscal and Monetary Policies
– Subsidies, Public Distribution System
– Inflation- Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism
Economic Development & Planning : –
– 5 Year Plans – Objectives, Strategies and Achievements.
– Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status, Issues & initiatives.
– Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization
Human Resource and Economic Development :-
– Human Development Index
– Poverty and Unemployment:- Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies and Current Flagship Schemes.
Social Justice and Empowerment:-
Provisions for Weaker Sections.
Economy of Rajasthan
– Macro overview of Economy.
– Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
– Growth, Development and Planning.
– Infrastructure & Resources.
– Major Development Projects.
– Programmes and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Labourers.
Science & Technology
– Basics of Everyday Science.
– Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
– Space Technology including Satellites.
– Defence Technology.
– Human body, Food and Nutrition, Health care.
– Environmental and Ecological Changes and its Impacts.
– Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
– Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
– Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan.
Reasoning & Mental Ability
Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):
Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion, Courses of Action.
Mental Ability :
Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their sub sections.
Basic Numeracy :
– Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.
– Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
– Major Current Events and Issues of State(Rajsathan), National and International Importance
– Persons and Places in reccent news
– Games and Sports related Activities